Thursday, February 23, 2006

Hey, that's not burgundy, is it?

Thanks to everyone who commented on my last post. I didn't think Audrey would get such a positive response, so thank you thank you thank you for the little ego boost.

For those of you who expressed interest in making Audrey, I would definitely put out a word of warning. Shine is supposed to be a sport weight yarn, but I ended up getting something more of a fingering weight gauge out of it. I'm not sure if I ended up really stressed or what, but please keep that in mind so you can make adjustments. Also, I did end up making these gloves pretty small in comparison to my actual hand and forearm measurements: My hands are much more like 6.5" circumference. I did this because I had heard that Shine grows a bit after washing and I wanted to make sure that I wouldn't be swimming in them when I was done.

Anyway, if you do end up making Audrey, please send me a picture or a link to your post, 'kay?

I haven't had much to report on knitting wise lately because it's just more and more of the sleeve on DF's zippered raglan. I swear the man has arms of a length to suggest that he may be the missing link between apes and man. Why oh why can't DF be a little person? I still have one last increase on the sleeves and then ANOTHER 3 inches of straight knitting before joining the sleeves to the body. It's the neverending sweater.

What do y'all think by the way of the increases in the ribbing? I have think that increases in ribbing looks a little strange, but maybe I'm just weird. Sorry for the dark picture, at least the sweater's not bright pink this time.


Sorry for the bland background. The porch is about the only place in my apartment building to get natural sunlight and prop up the camera for a self-portrait, so get used to the green stucco.

On another note, DF's parents and my parents are meeting for the first time tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed. I'm keeping the hard liquor handy. At least the plane ride will give me ample time to swatch for my Sockapaloooza socks.