Monday, January 16, 2006

Beware!

I decided that I couldn't bear ripping out the Clapotis just yet... I still have to get up the nerve to rip out my first finished object of 2006 all the way to the beginning (the gauge was just not right). So instead I decided to cast on for something else on Saturday night. Let me present to you, the DF's zippered Raglan from Last Minute Knitted Gifts.
Yeah, not much to look at, is it? I'm most of the way through the first ball (out of an anticipated 7) of Malabrigo in burgundy. And might I say, there's nothing about this that could possibly make this a last minute gift. Let's face it, who can knit a MAN'S SWEATER at the last minute? I worked on this for hours and got a whopping 4.5 inches! Those are handmade stitch markers from Chris, by the way... I know, the picture just doesn't do it justice.

To try and relax from the slow progress on DF's sweater, I decided to work a little more on the DF's Jaywalkers. I'm just about ready to turn the heel on these babies, and maybe, just maybe I can have a FO for DF's birthday at the end of this month, and ALSO qualify me for a double entry in Chrissy's Sock-A-Month KAL. Just a word of caution though for anyone who does 2 socks on 2 circs... pay attention to what you're doing or you might end up with this (really bad picture... why can't I take indoor pictures?):

Anyone notice anything weird here?