Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Get your own project!


So my sweetie finished his swatch last night for the manly man beer cozy. 30ish very neat rows (if you don't count the wonky backwards purls I made him do) and columns. Just don't talk to him while he's trying to swatch. He won't hear you, and for that matter, can't respond for his tongue hanging out of his mouth in all its sheer concentration glory. Here's the felted goodness. The paperclips mark out 18sts x 25 rows for the 4x4" pre-felting swatch.

So we measured out the dimensions of a soda can to get an idea for size of the finished product. Here I am measuring away: height-4", circumference-11.5", diameter... he pipes in, I don't need that, I can derive it from the circumference. And who said you'll never use anything you learned in high school geometry?

And so now it occurs to me that I've been going on about HIS project and blogging about it like it was my own. Does that make me a plagairist? At least I cite my references...

So fine, here are my WIPs:

I'm making good progress on my Tivoli - just have to increase now. It seemed to be a hit at SNB last night, but I had to rip back a couple of rows because I didn't like the way my M1L and M1R increases from the original pattern looked. I'm going to try different paired increases to see if I like them better. Hopefully I won't have to frog much more. I've already frogged the thing once. It seems to be fitting fairly well at this point and maybe it could even stop here! Here's hoping the cotton doesn't grow in the wash...

The Branching Out Scarf doesn't seem to be blooming much these days. It takes a bit of concentration to remember which row I'm on as I haven't gotten the pattern down yet. I'm hoping it'll take off any minute now, but...