Sunday, August 21, 2005

Tivoli Finished!

Pattern: Tivoli-T courtesy of Grumperina
Materials: Rowan Cotton Glace (100% cotton, 137 yards), almost exactly 4 skeins; Size 5 Denise Interchangeable
Gauge: 5.5 sts/in
Finished size: 15" long from underarm, 32.5" bust, 25.5" waist

Started: August 4, 2005
Frogged: August 10, 2005
Finished: August 18, 2005

Knitting on to cast on yielded too loose of a neckline. Coupled with my inability to knit in front and back of loops neatly resulted in frogging. I changed the raglan shaping to a KLL and KRL and ended up with a more symmetric raglan seam. I also changed the number and frequency of waist increases and decreases to every 3rd row for a total of 10 decreases and increases to adjust to my measureents. I was also lazy and only knit even for 1" at the waist and bottom. The neck and bottom rolled significantly, however, after handwashing and laying flat to dry, the edges now lay flat. Upon wearing, the fabric stretches out a bit and the top doesn't look as fitted, but appears to spring back after washing.

This pattern is great! Very easy and yields a top that I can actually wear. Despite my continuing issues with measuring gauge, the finished measurements are exactly 0.5 inches larger than my own measurements. While I didn't achieve the -2" ease designed into the pattern, I'm still pretty happy with the blocked size.

Thanks Kathy for the design! I'll have to try it again with a more springy yarn that knits up to a larger gauge for an even quicker knit...

Previous posts about this project:
I'm not the only one
Get you own project!
Trip Report