Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Branching Out


Yes, this is old. I just got around to blocking it last night. I don't think I can tell the difference though!

Pattern: Branching Out in Knitty

Materials: K1C2 Douceur et Soie (70% mohair, 30% silk, 225 yd) in blue, 1 skein. Size 8 circulars.

Started: August 7, 2005
Completed: September 13, 2005

Notes:
Cable cast on, size 9. No other modifications for once!

Discussion:
I got really good at tinking mohair lace. That’s probably not a good thing, but hey, it’s experience right? The other thing I learned from this project is that I am allergic to mohair. Or at least mohair makes my eyes water and itch, so does that count to being allergic?

The thing that saved me on this pattern before I memorized it was using a little Post-It flag to mark which row I was on in the chart. I’d flag the row on the right side if I was starting the knit row and on the left side if I needed to start the purl row. And all of those people who say that you should mark the right side with a pin or something? Yeah, that’s also a great idea because heck if I can tell the right side from the wrong side on this lace pattern.

Previous posts about this project:
Is this a Blaze? on 9/14/2005
Get your own project! on 8/17/2005